Chapter 07: Conditional Formatting 0 hr 43 min
Chapter 07: Conditional Formatting
Changepoint Analytics (PPM) Introduction - Chapter 07: Conditional Formatting
In this Changepoint Analytics (PPM) Introduction training course, participants will learn how to use Conditional Formatting to display data in different ways based on established conditions (like "yes/no", "high/low", "over/under").
- Define conditions and variables to support conditional formatting
- Automatically highlight report data based on conditional variables
- Conditionally render elements of a report using prompts to set run-time variables
Conditional Formatting Notes
- What is conditional formatting?
- Formatting of data based on the data meeting specified conditions. You can use conditional formatting to highlight data that exceeds or fails to meet predefined criteria.
- Specify what should change:
- If there are only two possible outcomes (yes/no, true/false, on/off, over/under) use a Boolean variable.
- If there are more than two possible outcomes, use a string to define the variables for the various outcomes.
- Define the conditions and variables
- Several types of constructs are available to assist in defining conditions
- The CASE (if-then) construct is the most straightforward construct to use
- Conditionally render objects:
- Conditional Rendering gives the report the user the option to include items in the report
- Using images properly
- To display an image on a report, you can either host the image locally and then reference the URL in the report, or you can store the image on the Daptiv server.
- If you host your own image it may not be available when you run your report in the PDF format. It may also cause issues if the image is located behind a firewall/internal network.
- To have Daptiv host an image, submit a support ticket (https://daptiv.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) requesting that the image be uploaded and attach a high-quality copy of the image. The image should be available at the next code update. Daptiv images are visible to all customers through the report interface.